Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not Getting Into The Halloween Swing

Okay, I know it's that time of the year. Trust me, I'm not prone to act like this. I tend to think that maybe I've had my fill for the year, but it's just so damned unfair.

I don't feel like watching horror movies for Halloween.

There. I've said it. I feel it. I just can't quite believe it, though. You know? Kinda like when your friend tells you she's decided that THAT was her last trip to the tanning booth for the summer (okay, it's fall but it's been really warm here until the last couple of weeks or so), and she sounds so sincere, but you know she's gonna sneak in just a couple more and claim that she can really hold a tan. She's Irish by nature, so it's all bullshit. And I can't quite believe that I'm not in the mood for horror films.

I love them. Seriously. Another reason geeky guys think I'm cool, but they still don't ask me out. Assholes. Anyway, I've been watching a few, thanks to Wal-Mart (yes, I support the great evil--I'm cheap) and their $4.88 crapfest films. Well, they aren't true crapfest films. The worst of the bunch would be My Bloody Valentine, which is from Canada, and you can really tell. But I've yet to find that one that kindles that sick little flame in my soul. Hell, I even watched Grave Of The Vampire, and all I could think about was how sexy William Smith would be if he could just act, just a teeny bit.

If ANYONE reading this can suggest something to get me in the mood, please, post a comment. Something fast, savage and unnerving. But, please, don't recommend anything that is churning out the sequels faster than I can buzzsaw through a bag of peanuts.

No comments: